Arizona Press Club
NEW JOB POSTINGS:
Times Media Group is comprised of the Times Publications, Lovin’ Life After 50 and the
Scottsdale Airpark News. We are seeking a full-time features editor/writer to concept,
assign stories and ultimately edit content received from freelancers. The position requires
a fair amount of writing for upcoming issues as well. The combined circulation of our
publications is over 200,000 copies.
The individual who formerly held this position is leaving to pursue an opportunity to
write her second book, the subject of which came from her time in this position. To quote
her, “This has been a dream job and a launching pad to other things for me.”
This is a comprehensive position requiring exceptional organizational skills and a
minimum of three years of direct experience in both published news and/or features
writing as well as some editing. A great deal of editorial responsibility is placed with
the individual holding this position and it can offer a great deal of creative freedom.
Magazine writing experience is also a big plus.
A qualified candidate has a bachelor’s degree in journalism or higher and at least three
years of direct experience consistent with that described above.
Compensation depends upon experience. This position includes health benefits and paid
If you believe you are qualified for this position and would like to learn more, please
respond to this ad via an email with your resume and cover letter explaining why you
believe you might be a good fit for the position. Feel free to include some published clips.
We are currently scheduling interviews.
Contact Steve Strickbine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Territorial Newspapers, publisher of Tucson Weekly, Inside Tucson Business and The Daily Territorial, is looking for a creative and innovative art director. You will be working with others to execute ideas, and effectively design each publication.
• Partner with management and co-workers to develop creative layouts and designs for each publication
• Supervision of and communication with your team of page designers
• Manage editorial design from conception to print
• Participate in brainstorming sessions
• Supervise photo sessions, illustrations and editorial layout
• IT procedures and troubleshooting
• 5-plus years of related experience
• Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite, photography, and leadership
• Creative portfolio to review, with multiple examples of page design and promotional material
• IT experience
• “Do what it takes” attitude
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• High level of accountability--must take responsibility and keep management team informed
• Self-motivation--work with minimum direct supervision
• Strong leadership skills
Please send a cover letter, a resume and a portfolio link to email@example.com or mail:
Att: Adam Kurtz
3280 E. Hemisphere Loop, Suite 180
Tucson, Ariz. 85706
SEARCH JOB SITES:
ANA Job Bank
SPJ Job Bank
The Arizona Republic
Freedom Communications (East Valley Tribune, Daily News Sun,
Ahwatukee Foothills News, etc...)
Are you on our
email list? If not, email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Our list is confidential.